RiskyProject keeps opening when I run Monte Carlo

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

G.K.Jun

RiskyProject keeps opening when I run Monte Carlo

Post by G.K.Jun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 pm

When I run a Monte Carlo simulation in the RiskyProject addin for Microsoft Project and then go to the Statistics report. Every time, I run a new scenario (changing uncertainties etc) the desktop version keeps opening along when the summary results opens.
G.K.Jun, program manager, Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Intaver Support

Re: RiskyProject keeps opening when I run Monte Carlo

Post by Intaver Support » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Both the RiskyProject Addin for Microsoft Project and the desktop version share the same underlying components. Two of those components are the calculation engine and the statistics report. The Statistics Report is different from the calculation engine in that the desktop mode has to be launched to provide the viewer. Once the desktop mode is open, it runs in the background for the remainder of time the Microsoft Project instance is open. After which anytime you run a simulation, the desktop version will appear. It does not affect the results of the simulation. Here is how can you view statistical report in Microsoft Project:

Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com