How to assign risks to tasks

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Ken

How to assign risks to tasks

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:17 pm

I've created a list of global risks. I'd like to assign risks to task and resources. What is the best way to do it?
Ken the PM

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:24 pm

There two ways, how to assign risks to task and resources.

a. You can defined risks to each task in Task Information Dialog or for each resource in Resource Information Dialog. To do it just double click on task or resource ID. Then go to Risks tab. You can enter risks with their properties in this tab.

b. You can use the Drag N' Drop view which can be opened from the Workflow bar. This view presents your risks in the left pane and tasks or resources in the right pane. To assign risks, select the tasks or resources to which you want to assign the risks. Now drag the risk onto the selected tasks/resources.

c. In the Risk Register, double-click on the risk to open the Risk Information dialog box. Click the Assign to Tasks or Resource tab.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Ken

Risk correlation

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:25 pm

I found that you have risk correlations. How does it work?
Ken the PM

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:34 pm

Ken,

Using risk correlation you can define risks which may occur with the selected risk. These risks can be assign to different task in resources. For example, risk "Delay in main component delivery" can occur together with risk "Delay in additional component delivery", because both risk are caused be the same issue with the supplier.

RiskyProject supports only strong positive correlations between risks.

To define risk correlation, go to Risk Information Dialog (double click on Risk ID). Then go to Correlations tab. You can select all risks, which are correlated with the current risk.

We recommend you to try analysis with and without correlation and see the different in overall project duration or cost.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:36 pm

Thank you.

I think risk correlation in the great feature, because we have a lot of risks which are related to each other.
Ken the PM