Work calculation in RiskyProject

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

NormanRW

Work calculation in RiskyProject

Post by NormanRW » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 pm

I'd like to be able to see amount of work (number of man hours) for the particular resource. For example, this particular resource will spend 50 hours this week on this activity. Can I do it in RiskyProject?

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:04 pm

You may use resource view to see work (number of hours for the resource). To do it just go to Resource View, select resource by clicking on checkbox next to the resource name, then right click on the resource chart itself. You will be presented with popup menu. Select 'work' from this menu. You will be able to see amount of work for given resource on the chart. Actual number is seen as a tool tip. You may zoom chart in and out and see amount of work for given period of time (day, week, month, or complete project).
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Ken

Post by Ken » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:14 am

Are you planning to have resource sheet view which is used in MS Project? I use this type of view all the time to capture actual work.
Ken the PM

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:19 am

Ms Project uses three resource views:
- resource sheet
- resource chart
- resource usage.
I think you are taking about resource usage sheet, which we are planning to create in the next version RiskyProject 3. We agree that it is very convenient way to define actual work.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com