Status of Monte Carlo simulation

This forum containts questions about RiskyProject project risk analysis and risk management software: features, issues, problem reports. If you have any problems or question, please submit it here.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Expert

Status of Monte Carlo simulation

Post by Expert » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:56 pm

When I click the Calculate button to run the Monte Carlo simulation, I no longer see a status as in previous versions.

Just downloaded version 6.1 to check out the new features. RiskyProject seems to be calculating, as I can see results in the Analysis view, but there is no progress bar.

Intaver Support

Re: Status of Monte Carlo simulation

Post by Intaver Support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 pm

With version 6 and then with version 6.1, there have been significant increases in the speed of Monte Carlo simulation calculations. Especially with version 6.1 where we have added multiprocessing if you have a relatively new computer, depending upon the project data (number of tasks, resources, costs, risks etc.) time to run the project schedule and cost risk analysis has been reduced from 10-30 times.
In the cases of smaller project (<1000 activities) with no or small numbers of resources and risks the simulation occurs so quickly now that the progress bar does not appear. This is currently an undocumented feature dubbed “Instant Monte Carlo”.

Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com