Defaults for risk mitigation and response plans

This forum containts questions about RiskyProject project risk analysis and risk management software: features, issues, problem reports. If you have any problems or question, please submit it here.

Moderator: Intaver Support

BusinessDecisions

Defaults for risk mitigation and response plans

Post by BusinessDecisions » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 am

Every time I add a mitigation activity to the waterfall chart, it seems to automatically decrease the impact by 5% which I don’t want. It looks like a default but I don’t see any setting in the options.
Decision Analysis, Risk Management, Construction Risk, Project Risk Management

Intaver Support

Re: Defaults for risk mitigation and response plans

Post by Intaver Support » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 am

When you are creating your risk mitigation plans in the mitigation waterfall chart, each activity that you add to the risk mitigation waterfall chart automatically is added as a mitigation plan or activity in the Mitigation/Response view. Each of these steps represents a planned activity which will change either the probability and/or impact of a risk, which in turn lowers the risk score. RiskyProject has hardcoded default values for reducing probability and impact (5%). If you do not modify these values, they are automatically added to the waterfall chart. You can set these default values in advance if you add the plans to the Mitigation/Response View. The default values can be added to the Risk Probability Reduction and Risk Impact Reduction fields for each plan.

Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com