I would like to apply distributions with VBA in MSP.

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

PMBOK

I would like to apply distributions with VBA in MSP.

Post by PMBOK » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:55 am

I would like to be able to apply lo/hi durations programmatically through VBA; however, there appears to be a dependency with the Duration Distribution text field. ?Is there documentation on how to construct the "^" delimited formatting of the Duration Distribution text field?

Intaver Support

Re: I would like to apply distributions with VBA in MSP.

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:59 am

There is a description of the statistical distribution code in the documentation, see Format of distribution definition text field for RiskyProject/Microsoft Project”. One of our major clients uses VB to generate this code so it has been field tested. TaskID> estimates in minutes, Seed, statistical distribution type, number of parameters.

You can use this information to create a macro which populate these fields. Our use documentation includes exact description of distribution parameters for each statistical distribution. If you use Triangular distribution, you don't need to define any parameters.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com