Yes, however cases in which this can be used are limited such as the first activity in the project as otherwise start times are a product of the precedent network. To set uncertainty for start times on a activity, right-click on the activity ID and choose Task Information.
- In the General tab, set Low (early) and High (late) start times for the activity.
- Click the Distributions tab.
- Select the Start Time sub tab.
- Select a distribution from the Distribution drop down list. The shape and parameters of teh charted in the Probability Density chart to the right.
- Depending upon the distribution type, you can modify parameters (e.g. Most Likely)
- Click OK to assign the distribution.