Page 1 of 1
Best Practices for importing Risk Registers
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:14 am
What is the recommended process for importing Risk Registers into RiskyProject?
Re: Best Practices for importing Risk Registers
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am
1. Perform a gap analysis between the Excel Spreadsheet and existing risk properties in RiskyProject. RiskyProject has a predefined set of properties which may or may not include all of the data that you have in your spreadsheet. This gap analysis will indicate what properties you need to add or modify in RiskyProject. It is possible that RiskyProject cannot support all data types and decision regarding how to accommodate this must be made.
2. Add, modify or delete risk properties in RiskyProject such that it replicates the incoming data from the spreadsheet. Unsupported data cannot be imported. If you are importing probabilities and impacts, make sure that the Risk Matrix is formatted to support the risk assessment method. This is especially important if you are planning to perform qualitative risk assessments. RiskyProject supports common risk assessment methodologies, but may not support assessments that use additional parameters other than probability and impact.
3. Customize the Risk Register to replicate the Excel spreadsheet as much as possible. RiskyProject is flexible but it does not support all of the formatting features that are common in Excel.
4. Clean your Excel spreadsheet of all unwanted data.
5. You can now import the risk data.