How to create own risk template

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

AlanZT

How to create own risk template

Post by AlanZT » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:19 pm

I found risk template interface. I think it is very useful feature. How can I create my own risk template?
Project Manager, PMP

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Here is what should you do:

1. Define you risk breakdown structure in global risk view
2. Go to Tools->Save Risk Template
3. When you go to Tools->Open Risk Template, you will be able to see the risk template within the list

Please remember that risk templates are saved as a file with extension *.aln. They are located in subdirectory templates of main RiskyProject executable directory. For example in can be c:\Program Files\intaver\RiskyProject 2.1\templates
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:23 am

If you have your own risks template and want to share it with our client please send as a note at sales@intaver.com or info@intaver.com. You may also post it within this forum With your permission we may include your risks template to the standard set of risk templates, which come with RiskyProject.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
www.intaver.com

AArthurs

Templates

Post by AArthurs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 am

Refernce to the risk libaries topic elsewhere, are templates the same thing as libraries? Where are they located on your site?

AA

Intaver Support

Risk templates and libraries

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

In RiskyProject a risk template provides the same capability as a risk library. If you want to customize a risk template, you can take an existing sample that we have, modify iit to meet your project's particular needs and save it as your own risk template.

You can then load that risk template into your projects. Alternatively, it might be more useful to use risk registers if you do not want to record risk assignments, but would like to maintain the risk property information for each risk.

Risk registers do not keep risk assignments like risk templates, but they can have default values for risk defintion, owner, etc. This may be useful in cases where you would like to maintain the risk properties for risk management.

Intaver Support
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
www.intaver.com

Hato

Can you combine risk templates and risk register

Post by Hato » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:18 pm

The value that I can see with the risk templates is the ability to create a risk hieracrchy that can act somewhat like a risk breakdown structure. I do not see this capability in the risk register. Is there someway currently to do this?
Project manager

Intaver Support

Risk Hierarchy

Post by Intaver Support » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm

You cannot currently create a hierarchial view in the risk register. The reason for this is the automatic sorting that occurs in the risk register, which is automatically sorted by Alphabetical order or Risk score once the schedule or project is calculated.

We are looking at creating a different view in the Risk workflow that will allow you to create a hierarchial view for risks, such as found in the Risk Templates.

Intaver Support
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
www.intaver.com