Moderator: Intaver Support
2. Right click on the server and select the Properties option.
3. In the Server Properties dialog under the Connections tab check the Allow remote connections to this server option:
4. Go to Start->Programs->Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/… ->Configuration Tools and select the SQL Server Configuration Manager
5. Under the SQL Server Network Configuration select Protocols for <your server name>:
Make sure that TCP/IP protocol is enabled and right click on TCP/IP and select the Properties option. In the TCP/IP Properties dialog select the IP Addresses tab and scroll down to IPAII. If the TCP Dynamic Ports dialog box contains 0, which indicates that the Database Engine is listening on dynamic ports, delete the 0 and set the TCP Dynamic Ports to blank and TCP Port to 1433. Port 1433 is the default instance that SQL Server uses:
6. When you click the OK button you will be prompted with a message to restart the service. In the left pane of SQL Server Configuration Manager click SQL Server Services, right-click SQL Server<instance_name>, and click Restart:
7. You also need to configure a Windows Firewall for Database Engine Access. To add a firewall exception for the 1433 port go to Programs -> Administrative Tools select the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security option.
8. In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security dialog click on the Inbound Rules option and select the New Rule command:
9. In the New Inbound Rule wizard select the Port option and click Next
10. In the Protocols and Ports window specify the protocols and ports to which a rule applies. Select the TCP option, in the Specific local ports text box enter the 1433 port, and click Next.
11. In the Action window select the Allow the connection to specify the action to be taken when a connection matches the conditions specified in the rule.
12. Specify the profiles for which the rule applies in the Profile window, and click Next. You can now see the created rule in the list of inbound rules.
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject