Using resources to model a schedule and cost risk

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Expert

Using resources to model a schedule and cost risk

Post by Expert »

I want to model the following: I have a task that runs for say 1 month, with a resource or resources assigned at 100% for the duration of the task. I have a time delay risk that has a 15% of causing a 10% delay to that task. I want to show an extension of time to that task and then any affecting it in the triangular distribution on the Result Gantt, but then also an extension of time required from the resource working extra due to the extended time and therefore an increase in cost.
Intaver Support

Re: Using resources to model a schedule and cost risk

Post by Intaver Support »

If you model a schedule risk with resources with rates allocated to the affected tasks. The added costs due to the risk will be part of the analysis. Same as if you apply the risk directly to the resource, however if that resource is assigned to any other tasks, they will be affected as well.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com