Risk templates allow you to quickly add risks to your project and
assign chance of occurrence and outcomes. Risk templates are
different from the Risk Register: they contain information about
risk assignment. Risk templates are useful when you want to:
• Move risk assignments between different projects
• Perform risk assignment as you did in a previous
• Manage different sets of risk assignments for
different types of projects
Creating a risk template
set of global risks assignments.
1. From the Tools menu, choose Save
2. Provide a name and description.
3. Click OK. RiskyProject automatically saves the
files. If the template already exists, warning will open.
Loading a risk template
the Tools menu, choose Open Risk Template.
The Open Risk Template dialog box opens.
2. Click on a list to select it.
3. Click OK. The template risks will replace any
global risks that exist in the project.
Selecting a default risk template
you select a template as the default, the template is loaded
whenever you create a new project.
1. From the Tools menu, choose Open
Risk Template. The Open Risk
Template dialog box opens.
2. Select the check box to the left of a template to set it as the
Using risk templates for local risk assignments
1. Open the Risk tab located in the Task
Information dialog box or the Resource Information
2. Click Load Risks from Template button. The Load
Risks from Template dialog box opens.
3. Select the template from the list and click OK.
The risks template will overwrite all existing local risks for the
particular task or resource.
Templates are saved into the Templates directory. Templates
directory is a subdirectory of RiskyProject directory. Templates
directory is generated during installation. You Templates directory
does not exist, templates are saved to the RiskyProject directory.
The file extension for the template is *.aln. Template names are
displayed in the status bar.
Templates may contain risks assigned to both task and resources. If
you load a risk template from Task Information dialog box, resource
risks will not be loaded. If you load risk template from Resource
Information dialog box, task risks will not be loaded.
Risks in RiskyProject