On-Site Pmp Exam Preparation Workshop
This six-day workshop is designed to help participants gain an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the 5-step of Project Management life cycle as well as the nine knowledge areas and how they relate to each other. The course is presented in a unique format that will allow participants to master the nine knowledge areas. The workshop will transform the hard to understand knowledge areas to a cohesive and simple real life Project Management life cycle.
The workshop will focus on material and processes required to help participants pass the PMP exam. It will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pass the PMP exam with high marks from the first time. Decrease participants study time (Depending on participant's knowledge and experience). By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Write and pass the PMP exam.
- Learn how to relate the knowledge areas to project life cycle.
- Answer with confidence multiple choice questions.
- Identify critical Project management issues for the exam.
- Recognize and appreciate what PMI stand for (PMI isms).
- Master test taking strategies.
- Identify and focus on what counts the most for the PMP exam.
Topics covered in this workshop will include detailed coverage of all knowledge areas and Project management processes. They will be divided as follows:
Day 1 Introduction to PMI
- How to apply for certification
- Project context
- 5 project management processes
- How to answer multiple choice questions
Day 2 Introduction to Knowledge areas
- Professional Ethics
Day 1 Project initiation and introduction to planning
- Project planning processes
Day 2 Project planning processes (Continued)
Day 1 - Project execution processes
Day 2 - Project monitoring & control process and closing process
This comprehensive program is offered over 3 month period @ 2 days per month. This will allow adequate time for participants to fully understand and study the exam material. The material is covered through a series of lectures, group discussion and Q&A periods.
In addition to the above:
- Participants are expected to do some homework (about 1-3 hrs. /wk.)
- Participants will form their own study groups and meet once a week.
- There will be 200 Question - 4 hrs real exam on the last day to simulate the PMP Exam.
- 45 contact hours certificate will be issued to workshop participants which exceed the 35 hrs requirement to write exam.
- To write the exam, participants must meet educational and experience requirement. PMP exam is administered by PMI.
- The workshop is approved by PMI and it qualifies for 42 hrs. of PDUs.
Who Should Attend?
Any individual that wishes to write PMP certification exam. Any individual that is interested in a career in Project Management.