Adding a predecessor to a task
1. Select the task to which you want to add a predecessor.
2. Open the Task Information
3. Click the Predecessor tab.
4. On the first row of the grid, click in the Task
Name cell. A drop-down list appears containing a
list of all available tasks or type
5. Select the predecessor from the drop-down list. By default, the
predecessor type is Finish- Start (FS).
6. If required, enter a lag time
7. Click OK.
cannot make a task be a predecessor to itself
• You cannot create a schedule that it will lead to a circular
relationship between tasks
• You cannot link a summary task to one of its subtasks
• You cannot link two tasks twice.
Setting up your projects