define fixed cost defaults in the Cost tab. These parameters are used
when you create tasks (fixed costs) and resources (variable costs).
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. Click the Cost tab.
3. Enter in the scalar factors used to calculate default low and high
4. Enter in the default rate for variable costs in the
Variable Cost box. This is used when new
work or material resources are created
5. If you want RiskyProject to calculate actual cost and income based
on percent for work done (tracking information), click the
Actual costs are always calculated by RiskyProject
check box. Otherwise, you may manually enter actual data in Cost and
6. Select the Currency symbol and format for any field with currency.
7. Enter default type of cost and income accrual. Cost and income
accrual can be at the start of the task, at the end of the task and
8. Enter Default Discount rate for NPV calculation. This discount rate
is used in Cash Flow view.
If there is a distribution for cost defined by low, base, and high
values and risk for cost is used for the same task, it can cause a
double count of the same risk factors.
You can use any currency symbols, except for numbers,
commas, and periods.
You must define the particular unit for the default rate
e.g. hr in the Units tab of the Options dialog box. By default,
this unit is hours.
Setting up risk defaults